701 First Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, First Avenue was originally built as the new Northland-Greyhound Bus Depot, opening in February 1937. The First Avenue club and music venue as we know it now, was not introduced until 1970, when, in actual fact, it was known simply as 'The Depot.' Since then, the venue that went onto become known as, First Avenue Minneapolis has played an integral role in the Twin Cities music scene.
It seems that for every decade it's been open, First Avenue has had a big enough reputation to allow it to attract equally big names to its stage. In the '70s the venue played host to U2, Rod Stewart, Tina Turner and more; in the '80s, it was REM, Run DMC and of course, Prince-- a Minneapolis native, who also, incidentally, chose First Avenue as the set and setting for Purple Rain. The Fugees and the Chemical Brothers are just two of the acts featured on the First Avenue schedule in more recent times.
Want to experience this legendary venue for yourself? Stay up to date with what's on at First Avenue Minneapolis by making Eventful your source, and checking out the First Avenue schedule right above.
Upcoming Events (See All)
- TWIN SHADOW True Story Tour Friday, May 31, 8:00 PM
- SON VOLT Tuesday, Jun 4, 7:00 PM
- 89.3 The Current presents YEAH YEAH YEAHS Monday, Jun 24, 7:30 PM
- They Might Be Giants Saturday, Jun 1, 8:00 PM
- The Reverend Horton Heat Thursday, Aug 22, 7:30 PM
- BEST COAST Wednesday, Jul 31, 8:00 PM
- MATISYAHU Tuesday, Aug 27, 7:30 PM
- DESSA Parts Of Speech Release Show Saturday, Jun 29, 8:30 PM
- City and Colour Monday, Oct 28, 5:30 PM
- 89.3 The Current presents THE DANDY WARHOLS Thirteen Tales From... Sunday, Jun 9, 7:30 PM
- ▼ Show More
20% Off a SkinFitnessMD Product or Service.
Three Sessions for the Price of Two!
30% Off 1 Month of Endurance Bed Tanning
New Client Special - $100 OFF!
Event data provided by Eventful